Climate control switch,s

bally4563

I think a set of these will be the next purchase for me. What are the Aliexpress ones like in terms of quality?

Also, I tend not to buy from abroad, any hidden costs?

Cheers

On 7/24/2021 at 1:50 PM, Boxstercol said:

I think a set of these will be the next purchase for me. What are the Aliexpress ones like in terms of quality?

Also, I tend not to buy from abroad, any hidden costs?

Cheers

Free shipping but maybe a couple of quid tax(?) to add on. Quality is good with a harder, plastic feel , and not the rubbery coating that will go sticky. They look spot on when fitted. 

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I’ve still got some spray masks left.  These are a DIY solution to allow you to refurb your existing switches to ‘better then new’ condition.  Once you’ve stripped the switches from the unit, you will need to clean off the old coating, apply the spray masks, then prime and top coat using spray paint.  Once the paint has dried, you remove the spray masks to reveal the original white of the switch below.  Perfect solution for refurbng your original switches, guaranteeing the backlighting shines through properly.  Keep it original !   Spray masks plus instructions (2 of each in case you don’t position the masks right first time) just £12 inc postage.

if interested, please PM me 👍

Just fit the spyder ones to mine.

got them from spyder off ebay with a 35quid offer

text size is slightly different but not an issue

overall I'm very happy, they look 1000 times better than my old sticky scabby ones and a breeze to fit  👍

1 hour ago, sa utah said:

I got mine from Ali Express for 19.95.   Look totally factory.  And yes you can see them at night with the lights on etc.  

took 20 minutes to fit 

Do you have the link to the ones you bought?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 5:36 PM, benjohnstone said:

Just fit the spyder ones to mine.

got them from spyder off ebay with a 35quid offer

text size is slightly different but not an issue

overall I'm very happy, they look 1000 times better than my old sticky scabby ones and a breeze to fit  👍

Just ordered a set for mine.

Any hints or tips for installation? Seen the YouTube videos & seem pretty straightforward…

On 10/17/2021 at 4:01 PM, Boxstercol said:

Just ordered a set for mine.

Any hints or tips for installation? Seen the YouTube videos & seem pretty straightforward…

Dead easy and straight forward to disassemble and replace. Just make sure the plastic pins go back in the right way (front to back i think). Otherwise the switches wont spring return. Its an easy mistake to make, so just test them before you put it all back together. 

8 hours ago, Sammysmiths said:

Dead easy and straight forward to disassemble and replace. Just make sure the plastic pins go back in the right way (front to back i think). Otherwise the switches wont spring return. Its an easy mistake to make, so just test them before you put it all back together. 

Cheers 👍

Hopefully they’ll turn up tomorrow so can have an evening in the garage sorting it out… Will save me from the cr*p on TV that the Mrs insists on watching!