Rear spoiler taking itself down ?

Medic-one

As far as I understand, the rear spoiler goes up and down at a certain speed, but you can put it up yourself manually with the button. 

I quite like the look of the spoiler up, so most of the time I'll press the button when I get in, the button light up and the spoiler comes up. 

If I then park up, the spoiler stays up, and when I start the car again, the button isn't illuminated, but if I press it once the light will come (and stay) on. 

If I get the in car and the spoiler is up, and I want it to go down, I press the button, it illuminates again, and then I press again and hold it for a few sec, until it goes off, so I know the spoiler has gone down.

Today I went for a little 40 min drive, put the spoiler up manually when we left, and then after the drive I pulled up at the shops, got a few bits and went home, and at home I noticed the spoiler had gone down by itself...   The shop is only 5 minutes away from home, and along a 30 mp/h road, however I can't remember if it was still up or not when I got out of the shop and in the car. 

I think that has happened a few times so far, so sometimes it stays up after parking up, and sometimes it doesn't.  Is this a common fault/occurrence ?

And is there a fuse that deals with the spoiler ? As I'm still trying to find a cause of my occasional phantom battery drain... 

Mine does the same after manual stays up after engine key out stays up. Then it either stays up or goes down basically mine does the same as medic one don’t know ifs it’s right or wrong. It’s annoying you can’t see the spoiler

On 8/11/2021 at 3:59 PM, Medic-one said:

Today I went for a little 40 min drive, put the spoiler up manually when we left, and then after the drive I pulled up at the shops, got a few bits and went home, and at home I noticed the spoiler had gone down by itself...   The shop is only 5 minutes away from home, and along a 30 mp/h road, however I can't remember if it was still up or not when I got out of the shop and in the car. 

Did you tonk it above 75mph on the run out? I think if you left it up, but then get back in the car and DIDNT put it back into manual mode, it will stay up as you left it UNLESS you get to 75mph at which point the automatic usage will trigger and the spoiler will drop when you get below 30mph again.