MOT Fail

Andy9376

You have 4 sensors.  Knowing which one it was throwing a code would give you a good indication of your initial problem.  

I bought a Durametric kit which I’d not be without now but before that I had a cheap OBD dongle and car scanner app that I can use on any car.   I think essential if you have a car.  Saves a lot of time and wasted money.  

20 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Still suspicious of the CO readings on your test sheet.  Mine (2000 986 S) had its test today, Fast idle CO 0.09% (limit 0.20%), Natural idle 0.06% (limit 0.30%).

After your post, I check a previous MOT from the same garage, and that also showed 0.00. I agree it looks odd. 

19 hours ago, sa utah said:

You have 4 sensors.  Knowing which one it was throwing a code would give you a good indication of your initial problem.  

I bought a Durametric kit which I’d not be without now but before that I had a cheap OBD dongle and car scanner app that I can use on any car.   I think essential if you have a car.  Saves a lot of time and wasted money.  

Interesting, thank you. The frequency of issues probably makes it a worthwhile investment.