Headlight bulb upgrade

usman10316

I've had my car (2.5 986 Boxster) for over 5 years now but one thing that has always bugged me is the poor stock headlight bulbs! As the days seem to be getting shorter and night driving will become more frequent, I wanted to make sure this year I can see at night 🙂 

What have others used to improve visibility when driving at night? Saw this video Porsche Boxster 986 Super bright headlight upgrade . Auxbeam F-16 LED - YouTube and they seem good and bright, but not sure if they will burn the headlights? They are available on eBay for under £30 AUXBEAM Car 72W 8000LM H7 LED Conversion Headlight KIT 6500K Bulbs Xenon White | eBay.

Any suggestions much appreciated! 

Bearing in mind fitting LED to a car that is not manufactured with LED is an MOT failure if spotted (unlikely behind a projector lens but the bright white light (6500k is quite a cold blue white in colour a long way from halogen which is in the 3000K - 3500K warm yellow white range) might give it away.  That said if worth doing, worth doing properly and most recommend the Philips range which will be a touch more expensive expensive.

As well as any bulb upgrade it’s definitely worth making sure the headlamp covers are absolutely crystal clear - as opposed to just clean. Followed by making sure they were correctly aligned at a friendly MOT place. 
Went through the poor light output loop on my 986 (factory Xenon) and the biggest gain/£ came from refurbishing/polishing the headlamp covers. 
There are loads of “from this to this” type how to headlamp restoration guides on YouTube.