Seat belt recepticles

Lennym1984

Hi, 

Slightly random question but is the seat bent recepticle (the female socket that the male seat belt buckle fits into) the same on the 986 and 987? I want to be able to swap my bucket seat with my standard 987 seat more easily/quickly so am trying to source a spare seat belt recepticle (and seat wiring harness plug). As with all things porsche, that is easier said than done but there appears to be more 986 ones available. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

@ATMperhaps you may know given your recent swap

Interesting one this in the parts catalogue. 987 'passenger side' (doesn't say LHD or RHD, to probably UK drivers side is a 996 (996 803 183 08part number but the driver side (probably UK passenger side) is a 997 part number 997 083 183 09 and this according to Design 911 is backwards compatible to the 986...  Both sides go to newer 997 part numbers in 2008 model year.  

I have a 986 driver's buckle on a seat I swapped out with scruffy leather coverings, I'll PM you.

10 hours ago, Lennym1984 said:

Hi, 

Slightly random question but is the seat bent recepticle (the female socket that the male seat belt buckle fits into) the same on the 986 and 987? I want to be able to swap my bucket seat with my standard 987 seat more easily/quickly so am trying to source a spare seat belt recepticle (and seat wiring harness plug). As with all things porsche, that is easier said than done but there appears to be more 986 ones available. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

@ATMperhaps you may know given your recent swap

Yes same

20210916-190002.jpg

16 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

Thanks. Are the plugs for the seat belt warning thing the same? I'm trying to set it up so that I can literally undo 4 bolts, plug in the harness and be on my merry way 

If the part number is the same, logic says the plug on it must be the same, but the loom runs through the frame to the central plug in the floor under the seat.

I'll try to get a pic of the loom connector this evening.

Edited by ½cwt