Early Christmas present

Skin

The most bizarre thing happened to me this morning, I was stopped at temporary traffic lights on the Aprilia and a chap in a black Boxster pulled up next to me on the opposite side of the road and said ‘lovely bike, I’ve got one of those’ I pointed to his car and said to him ‘I’ve got one of those’  😆

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bandit_287 said:

The most bizarre thing happened to me this morning, I was stopped at temporary traffic lights on the Aprilia and a chap in a black Boxster pulled up next to me on the opposite side of the road and said ‘lovely bike, I’ve got one of those’ I pointed to his car and said to him ‘I’ve got one of those’  😆

Aprilias &  black Boxsters.. Obviously a 'thing'.

5 hours ago, GTSMarky said:

I grew up on LC's.

Recently sold a perfect Bounty bike and have a black Elsie that has a 400cc motor, 28mm Mikunis, Nikon Pipes etc etc & being rebuilt as a hybrid, so Metmechex swinger, RGV wheels, ZX6R front end...

Same for the LC, as a teen I was hankering after an RD125 LC but then passed the test and went direct to the 350, the newer model with the aircraft filler cap.  As it happens the first thing I noticed about this Vespa was the reg plate LC16 - I haven't picked it up yet but have already christened it Elsie in my head just from the reg.

My mate upstaged me by getting an RG500 gamma, square four engine, complete lunatic (him and the bike) though I can't really talk as I wheelied into the back of it once and had to cough up the bits, expensive mistake that one 😳

13 hours ago, Skin said:

Just had a fantastic 4 days in Valencia saying goodbye to Rossi, it was unreal when the whole of Spain are Rossi fans it was unreal . Will post a few pics when home on Monday 

Fantastic.  The whole world is a fan of 46 it seems.  Great weekend's racing and to qualify 10th as Vale did was impressive.

13 hours ago, myfirstboxster said:

Always fancied an RD400 on expansion pipes ( remember them ? )😃

My first proper bike other than a motocrosser was the RD 350 LC.  I will never forget the first time the power band came in - been hooked ever since the early 80's..

1 hour ago, bandit_287 said:

That’s sacrilege! 

I am being very gentle with updating, to the untrained eye it will look standard. No USD or the like..... and totally reversible should I ever want to go back. Modern tyre choice was the drive behind it.

20 hours ago, Bradders59 said:

I need to stop looking at this thread. I gave up bikes in 2009 after almost 35 years, but its like an alcoholic keep wandering up the booze aisle in the supermarket looking at this. It never goes away. 

Life's too short - go get a new bike!