991 GT3RS

Angelus666

4 hours ago, Angelus666 said:

From what I've seen on YouTube it seems to make a massive difference, so will take a look into these 👍

You have just missed a group buy for these on 911uk...

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=147696&start=40

There was also a recent discussion over how they are really needed on the GT2RS for any sort of road use. I've known a few people now with GT3RS's who bought with no intention of tracking ie for occassional road use only but all ended up passing them on within 6 months, they really are track cars ........but I'm led to believe the DSC controller makes an even bigger difference to the GT cars for road use........I would not own a Porsche without a version of PASM and I would not have PASM without a DSC controller......in very simple terms it transforms the stock adaptive system from a "dumb" one ie which controls all x4 wheels at the same time to a truly dynamic system that controls each individual wheel suspension independantly. All by simply swapping the plug and play control unit which is easily accessible in the passenger footwell. The DSC controller is also fully customisable or default maps can be used based on exact model.......the DSC controllers also have a very high resale value as they are none mechanical parts ie nothing to wear out .........they are like rocking horse poo to get second hand though ;-)....well work researching or give Ken at 9Excellence a call (ps I do not know him but they are the official UK provider and you can see by the link above he is very open to discussing them).

I know what GT3RS are like on road but I don't know what they are like with a DSC fitted hence why I am interested, you can be the guinea pig lol 

• Like 1

ps I absolutely agree with your comments about the noise and comparison to the GTS and S54 BMW's.........I've owned them all over the years but would say the GT3RS is more mechanical than the S54 in the Z4, you should experience the engine in a Z3......that would be more comparable lol..........I used to have a S54 Z3 with Eisenmann Race exhaust......now that was mechanical and loud, no way you could keep below track noise limits with it ! 

That's amazing insight. Ok, so after a few days driving it, I can certainly see why people would look for something that makes the car slightly more compliant on the road. It's perfect over smooth-ish tarmac, but it crashes over everything else, and I can see why people get tired of that. 

I'll be the guinea pig on this then and will look into getting one and see how it can make any adjustments.  👍

As for the S54, I guess the car is more like the CSL in character, apart from that car had a pretty terrible gearbox at anything other than maximum attack mode.