991 GT3RS

Angelus666

So, this bad boy turned up last week.....wowzers, what a weapon this thing is. It really feels like a race car that you can drive on the road. The motor is a masterpiece and there are some similarities to the S54 in the Z4MC, in that it can sound like a bag of marbles at lower speeds, but once you get it up to 9k rpm range it's a real event to the senses. Even at 5 years old, it's a car that draws so much positive attention, people taking pictures and coming over to chat about it. It's probably my all-time ultimate sports car, so feel very fortunate to now own one. 

The speed at which this thing can take corners is simply unbelievable...the 981 GTS could take them at 50mph, but in this you can do at 70mph easily in the RS (probably way more for a decent driver 🤣)....and the rear tyres being 325's provide a phenomenal level of grip. It's not as easily comfortable to drive fast in like the Boxster, which I think is a good thing, 

I don't think it sounds as good as the GTS at most speeds (that really is one of the great sounding porsche cars ever made), but once it gets beyond 5k to 9k it's on another level and is a proper high pitched squeal. 

I'm going to semi-daily drive it, which is probably stupid, but f*ck it, whilst I still can you might as well. (I hope the single-mass flywheel doesn't become a pain, as it makes a right old noise in full automatic mode). If you have been thinking of moving to a GT3 after the Boxster, then I'd defintely recommend it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Angelus666 said:

Can't seem to add pics as I have no space left? Anyone know how I can sort this? 

Use Imgur to host then select and copy "Direct link" and paste that here.

Edited by Scubaregs

2 minutes ago, Angelus666 said:

It won't seem to let me post a link as I'm over my limit, and I can't seem to delete the older media. Any ideas? 

Imgur or flikr will let you host and post the links. Are you trying to do it from your phone?

Edited by Scubaregs

21 hours ago, Angelus666 said:

I'm going to semi-daily drive it, which is probably stupid, but f*ck it, whilst I still can you might as well.

Kudos for the car obviously, but more kudos in my book for this very important message 👆

• Like 1