235/35ZR20 Goodyear F1 assymetric 2

bandit_287

I had a pair of the above fitted to the rear of the car in the summer but now I need a front set. I can’t get any of them from anywhere as there’s been non in the UK for months. I’ve been in touch with Goodyear and they told me there will be some available last October but after none arrived they then said that they will be available in retailers on the 14th December. If they don’t become available I’m going to have to get another brand fitted to the front, I don’t want to replace an almost brand new pair of tyres on the back too so I’ll probably have to fit MPS2 on the front axle. It’s not ideal as I wanted a matching set all round but needs must. Is there an issue mixing N rated tyres front and rear with regard to my car being under Paorsche warranty? The Goodyears are N0 and as far as I’m aware the MPS2 are N1 or N2. 

Thanks for the response, if after the 14th there’s non available I think I’ll give the OPC a call and ask their advice. I’ve just checked and MPS4S are N0 so that might help. I hope the Goodyears arrive though as I find them an excellent tyre for my style of driving and good value for money too. 

Edited by bandit_287

Don’t you just love grease monkeys that scratch your alloys while fitting tyres… he did apologise(only after I’d pointed it out)and they’re paying for it to be refurbed. All four of those wheels were 100% mint condition and original too. 

Edited by bandit_287

25 minutes ago, bandit_287 said:

Don’t you just love grease monkeys that scratch your alloys while fitting tyres… he did apologise(only after I’d pointed it out)and they’re paying for it to be refurbed. All four of those wheels were 100% mint condition and original too. 

Make sure you have a decent company refurb them, someone like Chris @ Exel Wheels who delivers a very good service and product https://www.facebook.com/EXELWHEELS

I had KwikFit damage mine while fitting a tyre and given evidence from Chris about the refub process and the differences to the other 3 original wheels they ended up buying me a new wheel at a cost of over £2k. 

1 hour ago, bandit_287 said:

Ouch, what finish are they originally?

I dispair of ever understanding tyre numbers.  Tyre sources that include OEM rating (e.g. KwikFit) are advertising Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 265/35 20Y (99) and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/35 20Y (95), both as Porsche N0.  What does the number in parentheses signify?

According to my MOT failure certificate, I too need two 265/35/ZR20.  What does 'ZR' signify here?  Is Y rating equivalent to ZR?

9 minutes ago, Required said:

I dispair of ever understanding tyre numbers.  Tyre sources that include OEM rating (e.g. KwikFit) are advertising Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 265/35 20Y (99) and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/35 20Y (95), both as Porsche N0.  What does the number in parentheses signify?

According to my MOT failure certificate, I too need two 265/35/ZR20.  What does 'ZR' signify here?  Is Y rating equivalent to ZR?

I didn't think that the 4S's were N0 rated?

7 minutes ago, Robin_GTS said:

I didn't think that the 4S's were N0 rated?

According to KwikFit, Blackcircles, Etyres the 4S is N0.  I'm trying to stick to suppliers that quote the N rating.  Trouble is, these sites tend to be a proprietary skin on a common application, so concensus doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

19 minutes ago, Required said:

According to KwikFit, Blackcircles, Etyres the 4S is N0.  I'm trying to stick to suppliers that quote the N rating.  Trouble is, these sites tend to be a proprietary skin on a common application, so concensus doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

I have just looked on the Michelin website and it does look that they do 4S's with the N0 rating! This is excellent news!

16 hours ago, bandit_287 said:

Sorry to hear that. Especially on those wheels!

Had the same on an Audi in the past. Ruined all 4 wheel centres using the wrong locking nut. T0ssers  

I now buy my tyres online and ship them to my local OPC for fitment. 

Hope you get it sorted! So annoying!