Will these fit?

Rick81

Hi all newbie here 😐 I have just bought my first Porsche an old 986 I've literally had it a day 🙂 

Loving it so far but I don't like the wheels that are on the car, so my first question is what are you all running on yours? And what size/fitment is best for all round use but to still look good 😛.

I have seen these but after reading a few things on line I guess they are to big?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-911-997-Gen-1-Carrera-S-Classic-19-Wheels-And-Tyres-/393559304177?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Thanks for any info given in advance 🙂

As above, 19" were never an official option for the 986, only 16, 17 & 18.  A few have fitted than and I believe it makes the ride very hard due to the thin side wall profiles of the tyres.  You would need to fit 225/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear (and will cost north of £750 in tyres by a decent brand like Michelin or Goodyear etc from a quick check on Blackcircles) and check the wheel off sets.  I have a 996 18" wheel size on mine and the offsets do work, not sure about the 997.  Put all the data in the calculator on this site: Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

Thanks for the replies I'll stick to the idea of 18's 👍 

The standard wheels just look lost in the arches imo they have been refurbished  and have new tyres but I'm just not keen and I don't think doing them silver would change my mind 😕 

18" 986 Carrera Classics for 986. M030 spec lower suspension and spacers. 

https://www.BoXa.net/topic/59044-edcs-550-anniversary/?do=findComment&comment=958587

Edited by edc
  • Like 1

I think if you do want to do something a bit different these 996 18" rims on a 986 fill the arches quite nicely and the offset or the rims avoids teh need to use spacers and therefore longer fitting bolts to push the wheels out a bit more in the arches:

ztcNcul.jpg

lzYkJWM.jpg 

oKFBKyl.jpg 

and the original 17" 986S rims on the same car:

LRh2OIa.jpg 

21 hours ago, Stewart_H said:

Admittedly I am biased but you could go 'period correct' and opt for some genuine 18" 'Turbo Look' wheels 🤔

6bgXYBU.jpeg

Looks well mate and they definitely seem an easier wheel to get hold of, have you fiffed spacers with them?

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Rick81 said:

Looks well mate and they definitely seem an easier wheel to get hold of, have you fitted spacers with them?

The 18" rims are a 996 fitment so have a bigger offset pushing the wheels out in the arches without the need for spacers or long bolts.  

4 hours ago, Rick81 said:

Very nice definitely like the look of those 👍🏻 is your car running standard ride height?

Standard springs front (new) and rear (original) on Koni Special Active dampers so not even -10mm of the M030 Sport suspension.

On 12/7/2021 at 5:46 PM, ATM said:

I'll have these wheels off you if you want to get rid.  I have a set of 18 inch wheels in black too which I dont want.  See my ad on here

20210710-143501.jpg

Thanks for the offer but I'll be keeping the wheels as back up, unfortunately yours are no good to me as I don't want black again.

• Like 1