1st “mechanical” issue in 14 months

RFD

Well, it had to happen! After 14 months of ownership, something had to go wrong!

Yep, a tail light bulb has blown! I’m not sure I can cope with this level of reliability in a car that’s 16 years old! 😆

I appreciate I’ve probably jinxed it now 🤐 Anyone know what bulb I need to save me taking it out to see before I go and buy the replacement? 

23 minutes ago, RFD said:

Well, it had to happen! After 14 months of ownership, something had to go wrong!

Yep, a tail light bulb has blown! I’m not sure I can cope with this level of reliability in a car that’s 16 years old! 😆

I appreciate I’ve probably jinxed it now 🤐 Anyone know what bulb I need to save me taking it out to see before I go and buy the replacement? 

Bin the car off 😜

https://www.design911.co.uk/pages/diagramsBrowser.aspx?categoryID=9&diagramID=3363

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, RFD said:

Anyone know what bulb I need to save me taking it out to see before I go and buy the replacement? 

If you are feeling brave drive the car down to Halfords, you can look up the bulb type, its not special, and they will fit it for you, for a small fee, although its not difficult, I can manage it 😁 I'd buy two bulbs  at least. Oh btw we might get some stick for the term 'bulb' as opposed to 'lamp' 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

Take the old one out, plant and water it. You should be able to grow the replacement in the spring. 

sorry - in the coil. 

Should I use peat free compost? 😜

Edited by RFD

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 2:13 PM, Topbox said:

If you are feeling brave drive the car down to Halfords, you can look up the bulb type, its not special, and they will fit it for you, for a small fee, although its not difficult, I can manage it 😁 I'd buy two bulbs  at least. Oh btw we might get some stick for the term 'bulb' as opposed to 'lamp' 🤣

You could get more stick for using the term "Halfords" and paying one of their spotty youths to break the plastic holder clips ...

Beware the cheap eBay versions of these tail/stop lights. I bought 10 for £3 delivered, but the filaments were the wrong way round with a very bright tail light. The good thing about eBay is the easy refunds. So if anyone wants a box of dodgy bulbs that are no good to anyone...  

• Haha 1