High level brake light grommet nut

YorkshireBoxster

Already in awe of this awesome site for answering my many questions. This time it comes from taking the high level brake light out to sort a small amount of condensation. One of the grommet nuts was a bit skewif and fell inside the panel. So would anyone know the part number or could point me in the direction of the parts fiche please? Cheers

Edited by YorkshireBoxster

7 minutes ago, YorkshireBoxster said:

Already in awe of this awesome site for answering my many questions. This time it comes from taking the high level brake light out to sort a small amount of condensation. One of the grommet nuts was a bit skewif and fell inside the panel. So would anyone know the part number or could point me in the direction of the parts fiche please? Cheers

Might be worth your updating your "My Ride" with the model variant/year of your 987. It will help you get help more quickly.

Edited by iborguk
  • Thanks 1

They are about 80p each I think.  Most opcs will post stuff to you for nominal p&p 

i did the same thing when I had the same problem  with the brake light (mine actually had water splashing around in it ) I drilled a hole in it to let it drain the sealed the hole and the seam of the light with silicon.  Still good two years later. 

8 hours ago, Paul P said:

They are about 80p each I think.  Most opcs will post stuff to you for nominal p&p 

i did the same thing when I had the same problem  with the brake light (mine actually had water splashing around in it ) I drilled a hole in it to let it drain the sealed the hole and the seam of the light with silicon.  Still good two years later. 

Cheers Paul. That's exactly what I'm doing. Drilled a small hole and left it draining overnight. Will order the nut today and by the time it arrives the light will be dry and sealed ready to fit.