Latest PCM4 maps?

moonshine

• 3 months later...

I’ve got the same issue except that my CarPlay works ok. I just want to update the maps. Mine are 2019. Is there special kit required as well as the service from Serbia? I’m based near Glasgow.

1 hour ago, 777ism said:

I’ve got the same issue except that my CarPlay works ok. I just want to update the maps. Mine are 2019. Is there special kit required as well as the service from Serbia? I’m based near Glasgow.

I think the maps are available freely, but the issue is the PCM is locked, so you can only load paid for mapping,

the PCM can be flashed to unlock it and then you can update the mapping FOC.

i used sima via WhatsApp and Wi-Fi to activate CarPlay and unlock the PCM / update teh mapping to 2022

27 minutes ago, moonshine said:

I think the maps are available freely, but the issue is the PCM is locked, so you can only load paid for mapping,

the PCM can be flashed to unlock it and then you can update the mapping FOC.

i used sima via WhatsApp and Wi-Fi to activate CarPlay and unlock the PCM / update teh mapping to 2022

You can do all that yourself, with just a bit of know how and a couple of SD cards.  The thread @Paul P  linked to has a description, and I have made PDF instructions for anyome who PMs me.

By the way, the latest maps are version 0197 - 2022/2023.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1