Upgrading my Xenons - Options

Chris D

I have factory fitted xenons (601) fitted to one of my 987 Boxsters. The other has std lamps which the previous owner upgraded to LED (see pic). These lights are significantly brighter and clearer than the xenons. The lenses on both cars have been polished recently.

What options do I have to improved the xenon bulbs, if any?

Thanks

InkedWhatsApp Image 2021-11-16 at 20.39.55_LI.jpg

Edited by Chris D

Apparently xenon bulbs age so you could replace them. 

Hope your LEDs are legally set and you haven’t got used to over-bright lights!

Discussions here that the law has tightened recently so people less happy to recommend. 

I have a 2010 987S with PDLS Xenons.  It is true what they say about xenon bulbs degrading! 

I replaced the bulbs with OSRAM XENARC NIGHT BREAKER LASER D2S recently and they are great. An easy job as long as you don't the strip the screw heads.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FYTN7VF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Dave

17 hours ago, Chris D said:

The other has std lamps which the previous owner upgraded to LED (see pic). These lights are significantly brighter and clearer than the xenons.

InkedWhatsApp Image 2021-11-16 at 20.39.55_LI.jpg

Woah... NINE thousand lumens!!

Supposedly halogens are 1500-1700 and xenons about 3500. Headlight washers are required above 2000. No-one's flashed you?