Suspension replace

Little Silver

Sorry guys as I’m sure this has been done to death but I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for. For those of you who have done a suspension refresh, which manufacture/s have you used? This isn’t for a track day car rather more a Sunday driver. There seems a huge difference in prices and many companies advertising suspension parts. I don’t want to do it on the cheap but not sure I want to pay Porsche prices (even if I could find them). I have seen mention of Spyder Performance which seem not overly expensive.

What have you guys used and been happy with? Equally are there any to steer clear of if you excuse the pun.

Thanks in advance.

For suspension arms, Spyder Performance are reckoned to be a good after market supplier of their own components.  If you want a 'brand', Meyle for coffin arms, front tuning forks and toe links.  You can still get TRW rear tuning forks who are the OE supplier to Porsche.  In my rebuild I uses Spyder and TRW.  For other parts like drop links, bump stops I used Autodoc and bought to the lower but not bottom end of the after market components.  For top mounts I could get Sachs for the front (OE supplier to Porsche and you could see where Porsche markings had been removed during manufacture, as with the TRW arms) and Febi Bilstein on the rear.  If you are doing shocks and want to stay stock, Bilstein B4, or very similar but maybe £20 a corner cheaper Koni Special Active.  I spent around £1300 on parts including two new front springs as one was broken, so rear springs are the only original main suspension component on the car now.

You may ahve read the many harrowing stories of getting steel bolts out of alloy castings and bushes.  Largely they are true.  You have to have the mind set that you WILL need heat and you WILL not to cut bolts but might be lucky otherwise you'll be in for hours of frustration.  Ask me how I know!  A cheap recip saw with a decent blade (Bosch Sabre) and a gas torch of induction heater will likely be needed as well as blood, sweat and tears...

THis section of teh What have you done thread may help:

• Like 1

Don’t know where you are based but. 

Spyder, eporsch and la rose Porsche are all owned / run my the same folks and they have moved spyder to the la rose location. 

No experience with them but they get good press on here.  So maybe go talk to them in person if you are near enough and consider maybe getting a price for them fitting their bits to the car.  

just thinking out loud really.