Dipping drivers door mirror

Kenbo1000

Hello people.

I have developed a strange problem on my 987.2. When unlocking the car with the remote the drivers mirror starts moving then comes to rest in the down position. I have done all the resets but all to no avail.

Anyone else come across this problem and hopefully worked out what the problem is and mote importantly, how to cure it.

thanks in advance.

Ken

Guess.... 

Individual memory adjusting the mirror position to a particular key? Think that's only a thing for memory seats 

Rather than a reset do you need to make it "remember" the desired position.

Re-done all the key calibration including wiping the memory and starting again, makes no difference. Been through the onboard systems to no avail. There is no reason for this to be happening it just started last Wednesday and has continued since. It’s not a major problem resetting the mirror before driving but I like things to be right.

But thanks anyway.

10 hours ago, The Caped Crusader said:

Had this problem many years ago on my 987. A new motor fixed it. Must have been something to do with the position sensor in the motor.

Thanks Batman.

I did have a feeling that because it just started with no obvious reason that it must be fault somewhere. I am just trying to narrow it down. It can’t really be that much as it’s only a switch and a motor at the end of the day.

11 hours ago, BBB said:

@McDonald, the mirrors can be folded in by hand if that helps. And if some scrote does nick yours, aftermarket replacements are about £15.

Thanks, that's helpful. I'm astonished that the mirror glass can be replaced so cheaply. 

8 hours ago, McDonald said:

Thanks, that's helpful. I'm astonished that the mirror glass can be replaced so cheaply. 

Here’s the passenger side. I replaced both of mine as they were slow to demist. Both sides had come away from the underlying heating elements. Really simple to replace as well. The drivers side was the proper aspherical version an slightly more expensive IIRC.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132329747090

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2022 at 11:35 AM, Kenbo1000 said:

Problem sorted. New mirror motor from OPC (£67 + vat) ten minutes to change and job done.

Thanks for posting the solution, always good to hear, good job👍