Front springs - part number

944GS

I bought my car last year and have always felt the front is a bit too low, it looks good enough but on my local country roads and even speed bumps I’m not confident that it’s not connecting with the road surface!

Theres a receipt in the folder from Precision Porsche for a Coil spring set 99734353144504 which have only done 4000 miles, just wondering if that’s the standard springs or if I could be replacing them with something else?  

997 343 531 44 is not listed in the parts catalogue as a 987 or 997 spring.  Is 44 a typo for 41 which if you do not have PASM would make it lower as the PASM springs also lower the car I believe?? 

The following (all suffix 504) are listed along with the colour paint marking. Yellow/blue is standard, blue/red is PASM, no difference between 2.7 and 3.2/3.4 versions.

997 343 531 32 (rapeseed yellow/blue)

997 343 531 82 (rapeseed yellow/blue)

997 343 531 38 (rapeseed yellow/blue)

997 343 531 30 (blue/red)

997 343 531 37 (blue/red)

997 343 531 41 (blue/red)

Hope this helps :confused:

• Thanks 1

It’s not a typo by me as it says 44 on the invoice but could very well be a mistake by them and would make sense as I don’t have PASM, thanks for the very useful information.

Must be a part number up issued after 987/997 series production finished, which is when the online published catalogues date from (one limitation of these published catalogues).  D911 pages do link to an aftermarket 987/Cayman front spring, but not paint colour notes so don't' know if rapeseed yellow/blue or blue/red equivalent.

All I can suggest is pop a front wheel off, if marked with yellow/blue it is the correct spring.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2022 at 10:58 PM, ½cwt said:

Must be a part number up issued after 987/997 series production finished, which is when the online published catalogues date from (one limitation of these published catalogues).  D911 pages do link to an aftermarket 987/Cayman front spring, but not paint colour notes so don't' know if rapeseed yellow/blue or blue/red equivalent.

All I can suggest is pop a front wheel off, if marked with yellow/blue it is the correct spring.

Should look something like this:

https://i.imgur.com/fULlGge.jpg 

If the damned picture will come up.  Not had an Imgur problem for some time.....

Edited by ½cwt
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the info, I’ll see if I can find any colours on the springs, will be the first time I’ve jacked the car up as the only work I’ve had done in the short time I’ve owned it has been at my local indy.  

in the meantime I’ve taken a side on view so you can see what I’m talking about.

96116FE1-EC61-4964-BEC1-3013DC068FA9