Hmmmmph. Ive finally overdone it. Exhaust issues.

MickH

Hi Mick

I thought your car sounded pretty loud before the manifolds and the induction kit! I had one of those valved exhausts on my 987s and it was plenty loud enough for me 😂 I think if could maybe get additional muffler boxes fitted in the system it should lower the volume. I had a similar issue years ago on my Alfa Spider, I had a custom front to back stainless system fitted but originally it was way too loud. But they fitted some small additional resonating boxes and in the end I got one of the best sounding exhausts I had ever heard and it wasn’t annoying loud 👌

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

I have the Spyder performance Valved exhaust with Carnewal 200 cell manifolds, sounds ace, two modes   Asbo and Hooligan!!!

Yea it seems the lack of cats is the issue.  

I've refitted the baffle for the air intake and that's made a surprising difference, so that's at least progress.   I'm going to go see my exhaust guy that used to make up my jap systems and see if he can squeeze some sports cats in.

24 minutes ago, JonSta said:

For Alfas the Wizard exhaust is mega. One of those on a V6 sounds incredible. I considered asking the guy if he could make something for the boxster.

Had one on my GTV V6 spider, yes awesome!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 12:18 PM, JonSta said:

When I've considered adding tube headers to my ebay dronebox I thought I'd put some aftermarket 200 cel cats downstream from the manifolds. I think there's space. The stock manifold cats do look very restrictive. Can't find headers with sports cats already in place without spending £££££££.

The other thing I mean to do is get a balance pipe welded between to two sides as they're not connected. I think that will sound better. I don't really want it that much louder.

Generally you only notice intake noise with your foot down.

I've got topgear manifolds with 200cel sports cats they wernt silly money but they don't pass mot anyway so pointless 😆😆

• Haha 1