Warping/delamination of door card, all Porsche 981's and 991's 2013 to 2015.

andygo

I did mine a couple of weeks ago - no idea what or how you could use cable ties !

I pulled up  any remaining leatherette and foam , cleaned the plastic door card and stuck 3M VHB tape in there. I'm sure number plate or rear view mirror double sided tape would also suffice.

Then I clipped a long piece of plastic (think UPVC window surround ) to it for about 10 minutes.

Id say the results are about 95% as I feel the plastic door card has actually lost s bit of it;s original shape.  However gone is the 2" of sticking up covering.

If the door card needs to come off again, I'll prob try sticking the heat gun on it gently  - see if I can find any plastic memory in it.

1 hour ago, Patt said:

I did mine a couple of weeks ago - no idea what or how you could use cable ties !

I pulled up  any remaining leatherette and foam , cleaned the plastic door card and stuck 3M VHB tape in there. I'm sure number plate or rear view mirror double sided tape would also suffice.

Then I clipped a long piece of plastic (think UPVC window surround ) to it for about 10 minutes.

Id say the results are about 95% as I feel the plastic door card has actually lost s bit of it;s original shape.  However gone is the 2" of sticking up covering.

If the door card needs to come off again, I'll prob try sticking the heat gun on it gently  - see if I can find any plastic memory in it.

I tried VHB tape on mine but the weather was so hot, it just softened the adhesive and fell apart again.

57 minutes ago, Patt said:

well if it doesn't work - I'll be searching the 2nd hand market for some extended leather jobbies as they don't seem to be so susceptible 

Fingers crossed for you Patt. As the weather is now a lot cooler, the tape might have more time to cure and gain some longevity.

The weather was scorchio when i tried to fix, so the tape never really got the chance to set. It seems to be working just fine on my GT4 side scoops thankfully.