2.7 oil capacity

Roger C

5 minutes ago, Liberty said:

I usually just measure how much comes out and check the level's okay after replacing.unless yours loses oil I would think that'll do..

8 lt , but drop 7.5 in and check and add as required 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger C said:

Just doing a quick oil change prior to our holiday trip to Jersey.

Can anyone tell me how much oil to put in a 2.7??

Rog.

7.75 litres with a filter change.

Personally, I’d put 7 in and then check as you won’t get all the old oil out

1 hour ago, Roger C said:

I've now filled it to the max as measured on the dash, started it up and then shut down, I'll wait 30 mins and refill to the max mark again.

Rog.

Not sure why you need to have it at max? It's not a target 😜One or two bars below ? less likely to be over filled.. imho.Not saying I've not done the same in the past though.

Better to fill to around 3/4 in my opinion and check the level stone cold at home in a regular parking space.. The sensor reads slightly differently depending on the incline the car is sat at, so full in one position can easily be over-full in another.

The oil level in my 2.7 hasn't dropped between oil changes so I tend not to check it very often these days.  

17 hours ago, Liberty said:

Not sure why you need to have it at max? It's not a target 😜One or two bars below ? less likely to be over filled.. imho.Not saying I've not done the same in the past though.

Good point, Ive left it overnight in my 'very level' garage, I'll just see where its at and if its above half I'll just leave it and use that as my reference.

Rog.

• Like 1