718 Speedometer

224 Peter

After a few weeks driving I've come to the conclusion that the left dial is pointless... the speedometer is so corsley graduated as to be of little value and there is a nice, big digital speedometer in the rev counter. 

So, what should Porsche put in the left dial? My vote would be for a display showing fuel, oil and water temperature and pressures. 

Thoughts?

Had my car 14 years, I don’t actually know how to read the analogue speedo! I think it’s something like “if it’s moved from 8pm to 1030pm, you’re in ban territory”. 

Oil temp most useful; possibly volts. 

7 hours ago, 224 Peter said:

After a few weeks driving I've come to the conclusion that the left dial is pointless... the speedometer is so corsley graduated as to be of little value and there is a nice, big digital speedometer in the rev counter. 

So, what should Porsche put in the left dial? My vote would be for a display showing fuel, oil and water temperature and pressures. 

Thoughts?

I haven't noticed this as an issue.

Referring to page 277 of the "Good to know - driver's manual" the right hand multi-function display can be configured to display...

Vehicle Voltage

Turbocharging Pressure

Oil pressure

Oil temperature

Coolant temp

Remaining fuel range

Destination arrival time

Destination trip time

Compass

GPS altitude

Time

Date