Took the plunge on getting the wheels painted

Stuno1

One of the the diamond cut carrera classics needed a referb due to laquer coming away. Eventually all would need referbing so decided to get them colour changed.

I looked at the gold colours Porsche offer and went with weiss gold. The most subtle gold they offer. Had the front number resprayed at the same time. Had 35k miles and 9 years of stone chipping to sort. 

This is a weekend car for me and it makes it feel more special. It won’t be for everyone but I’m pleased 👍

Before: 

A659-B81-D-167-D-435-C-81-BA-E521-DDA625

After:

7-A5-B3186-246-F-423-D-9678-37989-B1-B31

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jofoley said:

Have you had the wheels powder coated? I have never liked the diamond cut concept, 

The wife's car has got diamond cut wheels and such a terrible design on the Qashqai, it's like they designed them to poke out for a bit of kerb-clashing even though both of us are ultra-careful.

We had a warranty on the wheels and made sure we claimed on it, they had to keep coming back because any repair just looks pants.  In the end I took the only option of getting it to Lepsons to be reskimmed entirely.  Of course that works but they'll still turn cr*p again just in general use.  Would be glad to never own diamond cuts again.

Anyways... it looks great @Stuno1 - a nice subtle colour, not over the top glitzy 👏

• Like 2

I think the new colour looks great although I do like the original but I’m a bit biased 😂 I originally was going to get mine powdered in Porsche Platinum but after seeing some pictures I wasn’t keen. Also I’ve got a bit of a black and white theme going on so settled on satin black diamond cut, which I m happy with and not too blingy. I agree diamond cut are very impractical and there seems to be more and more of them fitted to daily drivers which is just asking for trouble 😩

• Like 1

From the pictures you can barely tell it’s gold,   very subtle.   I’m thinking of doing something similar with my wheels, but I’d probably go with a slightly more obvious gold, maybe Aurum or similar (Blue car).

Out of interest, if you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay for your bumper respray? again I’m looking to do similar and would be useful having a price base. pM me if you don’t want to put on open forum.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Greenman said:

From the pictures you can barely tell it’s gold,   very subtle.   I’m thinking of doing something similar with my wheels, but I’d probably go with a slightly more obvious gold, maybe Aurum or similar (Blue car).

Out of interest, if you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay for your bumper respray? again I’m looking to do similar and would be useful having a price base. pM me if you don’t want to put on open forum.

I did look at quite a few images and cars in person. There are a nice selection of goods Porsche so depending on how gold you want them to be. 

The front number was just over £600.

12 hours ago, Greenman said:

Neodyme is a great colour, slight bronze hue compared to Aurum