GPS car trackers

zagamuffin

Was actually thinking about the portable units you hide away in the car, can wire in or charge every once and a while.just as insurance as a buddy had his car in with a main bmw dealer and he got a ping saying his car was on the move. Mechanic sent it down the road at 150 on a road test lol 

20 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

Who has one and what’s recommended , want something sim based with out subscription if possible . Can this type track car speed location etc 

zaga 

I have one of these in the Boxster and one on the bike. Year long battery, SIM card top up once a year. If you move the vehicle without a key fob within bluetooth range it calls your mobile and starts location tracking. It doesn’t track speed.

https://monimoto.com/uk/motorcycle-anti-theft-solution/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAz9ieBhCIARIsACB0oGL_xm7hnBpgbIjpkMDamYOU49HBt7IvhC2qvF_r_rGcv-uY2bKAIEYaAkNsEALw_wcB

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

possibly beyond what you want, however 

I use a Metatrak Shield remote mobiliser / tracker in my van https://www.metatrak.co.uk - it is very good - I mainly use it to guard against key theft - if the keys get taken, you can remotely disable the ignition from the app and see where it is

its a non-monitored tracker - i.e. you track it, via App,  not a call centre. but there is a call centre should you need help with it

there is an installation cost, 0f something like £300 and an annual fee of £80 though

tracks / records journeys etc