Road Trip To France Advice

deanmr2

1 hour ago, ATM said:

European cover I presume?

Interested to hear who people are using for this and how much it costs for these older cars?

I insure my car with saga and I am adding European breakdown/recovery to my policy which will increase the price by about £50 but this gives me a full years cover as opposed to a one trip cover

19 hours ago, Paul P said:

Jump pack just in case, an electric tye pump ,you can often reinflate a tyre to get you "somewhere" rather than resorting to a spare. bulbs and fuses, valve cores and tool ( had a stuck valve core once on a motorbike - 60 secs to fix with 20p worth of parts) - cheap 15 quid obd code reader - if it throws a light you can at least figure if you can ignore it. 

And have the tyre pump where it's handy to get at rather than have to unload all the luggage at the side of a motorway to get to it.

7 minutes ago, JurassicGTS said:

And have the tyre pump where it's handy to get at rather than have to unload all the luggage at the side of a motorway to get to it.

not an issue on the 981 - it has it's own space under the battery cover

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, deanmr2 said:

I insure my car with saga and I am adding European breakdown/recovery to my policy which will increase the price by about £50 but this gives me a full years cover as opposed to a one trip cover

Check the terms of the cover. Some say that if the repair or repatriation exceed a certain amount or a certain percentage of the value of the car then they will not repatriate the car. 

11 hours ago, deanmr2 said:

My Boxster S is a 2001 so to get this right when applying for the clean air sticker I should put Euro 4 into the form which gives a environmental category of 2 is this correct?

You don't really get a choice. If Euro4 was the applicable standard in 2001, that's the only one the form will accept for that year, regardless of actual emissions.

2 minutes ago, AMacdonald said:

You don't really get a choice. If Euro4 was the applicable standard in 2001, that's the only one the form will accept for that year, regardless of actual emissions.

Ok I understand now thanks for your help