Boxster 986 exhaust rear silence

andrewwalling

53 minutes ago, andrewwalling said:

does anyone have experience of the Gravity exhaust system STAINLESS REAR SILENCER EXHAUST BACK BOX FOR PORSCHE BOXSTER 986 2.5 2.7 3.2 96-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353775465486

I have recently installed a full SS system and that rear silencer was part of it. Its very loud/drone between 1500 - 3000 revs and I can't live with it, in its defence its not expensive and it sounds great when you are over 3000 revs.

So the original silencer is going back on I cleaned it up and found a welder who could be bothered to spend time on it on the seams. Im putting it back on the car on Monday and hopefully it will be fine.

The original silencer feels about 4x times heavier than the Gravity one shown, I think it must be totally empty inside🤣

23 hours ago, Tynesider said:

I have recently installed a full SS system and that rear silencer was part of it. Its very loud/drone between 1500 - 3000 revs and I can't live with it, in its defence its not expensive and it sounds great when you are over 3000 revs.

So the original silencer is going back on I cleaned it up and found a welder who could be bothered to spend time on it on the seams. Im putting it back on the car on Monday and hopefully it will be fine.

The original silencer feels about 4x times heavier than the Gravity one shown, I think it must be totally empty inside🤣

I think you are correct..they are almost empty. They are basically a single pipe on each side surrounded by some glass fibre wadding. It no surprise they're so loud.