Macan Rear washer not working

Withy

For a while now I've noticed that the rear washer isn't working (including the fancy wash of the reversing camera). Makes all the right noises, and reservoir is topped up, but nothing comes out of the rear jets (front windscreen is working fine).

Seems like it's "a thing" if I look here https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12897. It's due an oil service in a month, so will get the local OPC to do whatever it takes under warranty.  Drain holes on a 981/991 and now this..  and I thought it was all about German engineering :)

2 minutes ago, Withy said:

For a while now I've noticed that the rear washer isn't working (including the fancy wash of the reversing camera). Makes all the right noises, and reservoir is topped up, but nothing comes out of the rear jets (front windscreen is working fine).

Seems like it's "a thing" if I look here https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12897. It's due an oil service in a month, so will get the local OPC to do whatever it takes under warranty.  Drain holes on a 981/991 and now this..  and I thought it was all about German engineering :)

Wet carpets ?

1 hour ago, iborguk said:

Wet carpets ?

Nope, completely dry, now not using rear washer until it's been looked at (after skimming through the 63 pages of the macanfoum post!). The car just had a service in Jan where OPC topped up the washer fluid, and the later details in the post say it is generally done under warranty

• Like 1

As a Macan owner I did skim it and came round to the co conclusion it’s from unsuitable washer fluid concentration, freezing U.K. temps ( around Dec / early Jan ) and a loose ish pipe connection somewhere in the headliner.Said headliner needs dropping to re fix said pipe(s) .

We use stuff down to minus 25 , NOT only 5 below or even 10 below .This is because the car spends its winter in Switzerland and that’s what they sell .= no issues .

This is only related to the Gen 11 onward with the reversing cam washer, which has apparently just had a tube splice and extra section placed in it. The junction pops in very cold weather. cr*p design!

Just glad I have a Gen1 Macan GTS. Oh and it got a Porsche engine as well not an Audi engine😜

Edited by JurassicGTS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JurassicGTS said:

This is only related to the Gen 11 onward with the reversing cam washer, which has apparently just had a tube splice and extra section placed in it. The junction pops in very cold weather. cr*p design!

Just glad I have a Gen1 Macan GTS. Oh and it got a proper Porsche engine as well not an Audi engine😜

Give me an Audi TDI any day over your definition of a “proper Porsche “ engine .Would that inc risk of timing cover oil leaks ? Dodgy cylinder lining ? .

My definition of a “ proper Porsche “ engine is a flat 6 either air cooled or if water cooled with Mezgler input so a closed deck . .A 9A1 for example from 2009 upwards in my 987.2 But there are others 996 turbo and various GT 2/3 s .

Parts bin scavenging across the VAG family is the norm .Not being judgmental just saying .In fact it’s a back handed compliment Porsche using Audi / VW engines theses days if you think about it .😏

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got our back after visit to Glasgow OPC.  Really great service from them.  Loan 2.0 Macan for 5 days while they checked out everything.  The T piece had split and there was water to be dried out from carpets etc.    They also replaced a window switch which had the chrome trim detach - all under warranty / no charge with generally excellent service - car was looking amazing after a thorough valet too when we picked it up.  Seems that there was another in too for same thing.   From recent posts here it sounds like dealers are accepting that it's a design flaw and will cover under warranty.

• Like 1