987.1 number plate plinth

832ark

7 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Only the S has the centre bumper opening for a 3rd radiator in the centre, but I guess it needs to be there or Porsche wouldn't have 2 solutions that they have carried over to later models.

From what I understand only the autos had the third rad but it is available as a retrofit kit?

The parts cat lists it for Boxster S.

Here are the parts that make it up:

Trim 987 505 551 00

Retaining Frame 987 505 555 00

Cover, Air Inlet 987 505 751 01

3 hours ago, BBB said:

I have the centre recess on my S, but it’s blanked off so there can’t be a radiator behind there.

OK, a bit more research, it seems all S Tip cars only from 9722 engine onwards, but all S cars with 9626 and 9721 engines.  But s models have the extra intake even if it is blanked off.

However I reserve the right to be corrected by others with more definitive knowledge.

• 3 months later...

I initially cut my plinth down to the same size as my number plate. It didn't last well as the ends which I'd glued back into the plinth were getting pulled from the bumper by the number plate. 

When I got my bumper painted I removed the plinth. I ended up using magnets to hold the number plate on. I've only actually put it on for the MOT, just run without it and I'll take my chances with the old bill.

https://www.tiktok.com/@escygt/video/7134248730139692293

Edited by Escy