Less expensive tyres

zcacogp

On 4/2/2023 at 3:05 PM, And.rs1800 said:

I can happily drift a front engined rear wheel drive car  like a Scandinavian rally driver,but 987’s simply do not handle like this. When they let go they do it very suddenly.

What tyres do you have? My 987 drifts happily and predictably on P zeros and my old one did the same on PS4s.

13 hours ago, JonSta said:

What tyres do you have? My 987 drifts happily and predictably on P zeros and my old one did the same on PS4s.

I have ps4s on the cayman,perhaps I need to try a bit harder! When I last got a bit out of shape when the weather was wet and very cold it nearly bit me-much wheel twirling and I managed to stay facing the right way, but a controlled drift it most definitely wasn’t😂

Edited by And.rs1800

15 hours ago, And.rs1800 said:

I have ps4s on the cayman,perhaps I need to try a bit harder! When I last got a bit out of shape when the weather was wet and very cold it nearly bit me-much wheel twirling and I managed to stay facing the right way, but a controlled drift it most definitely wasn’t😂

Yeah - I definitely don't go even vaguely nuts on cold wet roads. Learned that one.

What I also learned about these cars is they like the throttle open as early as possible in the bends. I try to be on the gas before I even turn in which is not what 'they' tell you to do but it works for me. Other thing I've found lately is my corner entry speeds are pathetic. Working on it.

4 hours ago, JonSta said:

Yeah - I definitely don't go even vaguely nuts on cold wet roads. Learned that one.

What I also learned about these cars is they like the throttle open as early as possible in the bends. I try to be on the gas before I even turn in which is not what 'they' tell you to do but it works for me. Other thing I've found lately is my corner entry speeds are pathetic. Working on it.

That'll be why you can get away with throttle on way before the apex.  Only cars I've been able to get away with that in were Subaru turbos.  (Legacy and Impreza, I had 5 in total...)