blowing exhaust

alank

noticed cat /exhaust flange leaking, so attempted to change fixings for nut/bolt ( at long last) . after an hour of trying , but not too hard , decided to ring my local indy and they are doing it next week for £80 per side.  Not worth the hassle imo for that. Rather spend my time doing something easier.  Funny, had an mot last week and it passed, but their is plain evidence of the joint leaking, oh well!

7 hours ago, alank said:

noticed cat /exhaust flange leaking, so attempted to change fixings for nut/bolt ( at long last) . after an hour of trying , but not too hard , decided to ring my local indy and they are doing it next week for £80 per side.  Not worth the hassle imo for that. Rather spend my time doing something easier.  Funny, had an mot last week and it passed, but their is plain evidence of the joint leaking, oh well!

I just paid £583 for exhaust manifold/cat nuts and gasket on both sides....

and not sure it resolved it fully so going back mid May after my local expert @Topbox diagnosed 'mmm maybe but it sounds ok to me' earlier on 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Simo_UK said:

I think you're down my neck of the woods @alank. Can I ask which indy you're using, pls?

Thanks 

Hi ya, I’m in Portchester. That Indy is on the road to witterings near a Porsche dealer Harbour Cars. It’s called AutoTechnics. They are quite reasonably priced, used before on my 986. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, alank said:

Hi ya, I’m in Portchester. That Indy is on the road to witterings near a Porsche dealer Harbour Cars. It’s called AutoTechnics. They are quite reasonably priced, used before on my 986. 

Perfect. Thanks!

I'm nr Bursledon so used Brookspeed for the same job. They were a fair bit more expensive than your quote, so good to know!