986 parts for sale

John2000

Now I've sold my 986 I have a few things I intended to fit but never got round to it waiting for warmer weather I guess.

First is a pair of refurbished headlights I bought them to swap I sent them to the paint shop to get them done properly I tried with a few kits but I was never happy now I love them I've gone and sold the car 😢 

NxfBGjd.jpg

CpIft2S.jpg

Okj7zSS.jpg

looking for £200 plus postage I can't remember how much I paid for them 200 plus the cost of refurbished  I think.

Edited by John2000
  • Like 1

Now I was going to install a short shift gear stick but something else I never got round to.

I bought the Ali express kit and also and complete gear shift assembly from Douglas breakers I thought it was a 986 but I think it's a 987 because the gearstick is only as tall as the one I was going to swap it with 

£70 for both or £50 each

zS5Tptu.jpg

nUCH4o9.jpg

Rjyf6PJ.jpg

Edited by John2000
  • Like 1

The last thing for sale is a great book I bought and found it really useful when installing my cruises control on my 986 but it as loads of instructions well 101 projects because that's what it's called.

:D

DH6UFfL.jpg

£10 or free if buying one of the items above

Edited by John2000

John, the gearshift should have part number 997 424 010 00 on it, or something starting 997 if it is from a 987 or 997.  I think the level height is the same between the two cars, just the throw is shorter.

If it is a 997 shift, these area good upgrade to shorten the throw of the standard 986 gear shift.

6 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

John, the gearshift should have part number 997 424 010 00 on it, or something starting 997 if it is from a 987 or 997.  I think the level height is the same between the two cars, just the throw is shorter.

If it is a 997 shift, these area good upgrade to shorten the throw of the standard 986 gear shift.

Hi Chris good to know I've looked all over and the only number I can see is on the green bit that says 986.424.010.03 so probably a 986 

The reason I bought the two was because fitting the Ali express one means you have to saw off the plastic ends to fit the new bearing and that means you can't wind back if you don't like the feel of the new 

OK, sell as a bundle with the Ali Express kit so someone can do exactly that and keep their original.  Fits 986 and 986S by the way.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

OK, sell as a bundle with the Ali Express kit so someone can do exactly that and keep their original.  Fits 986 and 986S by the way.

Thanks for the advice mate

I seem to remember I might have the original cdr unit in my attic I put ther when I updated mine if I do it will have the original porche instruction book and the password 

It was in good working order when I pulled it out.

I would not have a glue how much to sell it for thought.

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2023 at 11:24 AM, RedBarediver said:

Hi John,

Do you still have the headlights available? Mine is okay but do look a little ropey so I may be tempted if they are still lying about in your garage.

Sorry I agreed a sale just a little before your post by private  message.

19 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

I’ll take the shifter bits if you can price up the postage and it’s not horrendous. 😎passed on your details to a few club members Re the headlights as well 

It yours subject to us agreeing  the cost of postage.

I'm away in Europe for the next week so I'll be in touch when I'm back.

Edited by John2000
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from a holiday and will try to find the best safest way to post these items one sold.

If anyone can suggest a good carrier fir large fragile boxes please let me know.

On the way back to the UK I flew from Budapest Airport and was very please to see

4z8eIzD.jpg

• Like 1