Windows Dropping when opening the Soft Top

ANL

I assume that the windows are meant to drop when opening the soft top in a similar fashion to the doors . How do I go about getting my widows to do this? Is there a microwave switch somewhere or is it the opening latch. The windows drop OK when opening the doors.

I have the same issue. Although once my passenger window did drop, but just once.  I have a few electrical gremlins on occasion.  One is the central locking randomly locking the car while driving, another is where the passenger window doesn't drop when open the door.  I know the control box has got wet at least twice.  The more you drive it though, the more the problems seem to disappear!

16 hours ago, ANL said:

I assume that the windows are meant to drop when opening the soft top in a similar fashion to the doors . How do I go about getting my widows to do this? Is there a microwave switch somewhere or is it the opening latch. The windows drop OK when opening the doors.

There is a microswitch in the opening latch. Normal advice is to spray switch cleaner in there and try to operate it a few times to see if that helps. If not then you may need a new switch.

I've now replaced the micro switch in the opening latch and the windows still don't drop when opening the hood. Has anyone any ideas where to look next ?

Is this a new fault. ?

I see from your other post that you have had / got issues with the roof reaching the limit position - if the window drop issue started when the other issue did I suspect they are related.  

Not sure how the 986 mechanism works but I suspect there are switch or switches in the gear mech that signal closed or open. Perhaps one of those is playing up or the gearbox has lost its idea of where the roof is in its travel. ? 

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

I’m still having problems with the windows not lowering when opening the top. As I’ve mentioned the micro switch in the opening latch has been replaced and still no luck.

I wonder if anyone has any idea where to go next. The windows do drop when opening the door.

57 minutes ago, ANL said:

Thanks for your replies. Where about is the relay situated?

It is above all the fuses and relays in the A pilar, about driver's knee level.