Who has a throttle controller gizmo and willing to share experiences?

Dubdubz

I’ve had the Sprint Booster fitted for around 15 months now and love it, I never ever drive with it switched off now unless in error and it’s immediately noticeable and switched back on.  I asked around before I bought it and found several people who hadn’t tried them tell me they were pointless but never found anyone who actually had one say they wish they hadn’t bothered.

I tried lots of settings but very quickly settled on Sport mode 7, also use the lock function for added security when the car is left on the street.

13 minutes ago, 944GS said:

I’ve had the Sprint Booster fitted for around 15 months now and love it, I never ever drive with it switched off now unless in error and it’s immediately noticeable and switched back on.  I asked around before I bought it and found several people who hadn’t tried them tell me they were pointless but never found anyone who actually had one say they wish they hadn’t bothered.

I tried lots of settings but very quickly settled on Sport mode 7, also use the lock function for added security when the car is left on the street.

ran out of thanks notifications... but thank you for posting 🙂

1 hour ago, TV8 said:

@phazed sounds a bit more technical than taking the second spring off the throttle..

quite true, Graham! Removing the second spring from a TVR throttle instantly improves responsiveness and adds at least 30 BHP!

It is also true that in some cars full throttle on the pedal doesn't actually give you full opening of the throttle plate. These are the sorts of things that mappers can change too. 

I have a sprint booster on mine. For normal commute and traffic I leave it switched off. But as soon as I’m out of stop-start driving, one click and it is in Sport 7, and the instant pick up from the throttle immediately changes the character of car. I was always underwhelmed by the response in the first part of the throttle travel and this eliminates it. No matter what people say about “just push the throttle harder”, it’s the response at the first part of the push that is so remarkable.

Unless I’m well away from traffic, I find Race mode just too twitchy, and really difficult to pull away from a standstill, but for Welsh twisty roads and overtakes it is a hoot. But, most of the time it’s Sport mode or off.

Mine doesn’t have OEM sport mode or PASM, or even xenon headlights (but Bose, go figure) so its a great mod for an otherwise lower specced car.

• Like 3

I have a Sprint Booster on my 2.7 and love it! Throttle response is crisper, in a way that I can’t replicate just by mashing my foot to the floor without it fitted. I got mine for less than £100 second hand on eBay, so not a big investment. Where are you? If you’re anywhere near Gravesend in Kent, I’ll happily take you out for a spin and you can make your own mind up! Cheers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BBB said:

Mine doesn’t have OEM sport mode or PASM, or even xenon headlights (but Bose, go figure) so its a great mod for an otherwise lower specced car

Interesting. Mine seems to have pretty much every option in the options catalogue other than BOSE. (Or climate control for that matter.) I dread to think how much over the list price the original owner paid .....

Having driven @bally4563 987 s defo throttle is more responsive than my 2.7 987 and it was great fun to drive I am contemplating a speed booster for mine suppose biggest thing stopping me at present is low funds and tyres are more pressing 😆 

• Like 1

As with Bally DSC and windbooster transforms the car. I also have a GAN tuner. Never could get the windbooster app to work so it's always on sport 7 which seems to be where everyone ends up.  The standard throttle map is too slow. It's not just about mashing the pedal in fact I'd say it was the opposite - you're able modulate the gas more easily due to the more linear response. It's on all the time.

I had the GAN tuner on my 2.7. If I still had that car I would do Sprint booster or whatever alternative first. GAN tuner worked on that car but worked much better on the S. Didn't have the booster on the 2.7.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted a Sprint Booster yesterday to my 987.1 2.7 and even though the car is no faster it feels so much quicker.  The throttle response is so much better - I’m using Sport 7 setting.  Definitely worth £185.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1