Hard top

maudy

12 hours ago, maudy said:

so what's a decent price for a hard top ?

Iv just moved house and no garage to summer store , 

I paid £550 or thereabouts for mine. Good condition with a scratch or two across the top (hardly noticeable) and some light corrosion on the corners. I am still trying to empty out the garage so I can hang it in the roof when it is not on the car but for the moment it is safely stored in the lounge. SWMBO has made peace with it (for now) and I probably have a few months' grace before it becomes an issue. If you can put it on a trolley or something it certainly is worth keeping. If you absolutely cannot keep it I would start at £550 but wouldn't drop lower than £500. You may wait a while due to it being summer but it will sell. 

Even better if it is a rare colour. I didn't think I would get one in Ocean Blue Metallic but the Teutonic gods of Stuttgart smiled upon me. I would have been happy with a Zenith Blue, Lapis Blue or even Black. The Ocean Blue Metallic seems to have only been produced for a few years so getting a hardtop (which was an extra and wasn't ordered by that many people) is very lucky.

Have a look at this recent thread. Prices still high. Depending if you have a stand and cover and parting with the fitting kit you may bump the price up. If it is silver, probably only worth a couple of hundred as loads available! 😬😉🤙🏻 Basically, whatever someone wants to pay in the colour they are after. Condition also as they do get damaged and suffer corrosion if not stored correctly. GLWS.

Not sure why you'd want to store the car in the summer. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a convertible? It's a bit of a faf putting a hard top on, not sure my slim frame could do it alone. Sure the soft top does fade in sunlight, but they are extremely hard wearing and can be dyed if you don't like the fade. Maybe get a half cover instead? You can remove it yourself in a minute and tucks nicely away in the either boot in it's own bag. Additionally a half cover will come in handy if you get any water leaks in the future.

51 minutes ago, GmanB said:

Not sure why you'd want to store the car in the summer. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a convertible? It's a bit of a faf putting a hard top on, not sure my slim frame could do it alone. Sure the soft top does fade in sunlight, but they are extremely hard wearing and can be dyed if you don't like the fade. Maybe get a half cover instead? You can remove it yourself in a minute and tucks nicely away in the either boot in it's own bag. Additionally a half cover will come in handy if you get any water leaks in the future.

I'm selling hardtop , obviously it's a winter thing lol

• 3 weeks later...