It was all going so well...................

Ti Rich

So while on a 900-mile tour of Northern England last week I broke down in Windermere. Well, to be more accurate I decided to stop after hearing a sound not unlike a coffee percolator behind my head. No water loss, no warning but the sound it make told me to pull over. I am hoping it's the water pump.

700 miles in, 32mpg average, and stunning driving roads and views. It was all going perfectly, sigh!

The AA has recovered the car 200 miles back to Zuffenhaus near Birmingham and I await the diagnosis............wish me luck!
Edited by Ti Rich
  • Sad 1

Unknown at the time the railway station was 100m away. So once the AA had the car we walked to the train station and got the train to Liverpool (the last stop) and then got the train home the next day. So it really didn't impact anything really.

Edited by Ti Rich
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Ti Rich said:
So while on a 900-mile tour of Northern England last week I broke down in Windermere. Well, to be more accurate I decided to stop after hearing a sound not unlike a coffee percolator behind my head. No water loss, no warning but the sound it make told me to pull over. I am hoping it's the water pump.

700 miles in, 32mpg average, and stunning driving roads and views. It was all going perfectly, sigh!

The AA has recovered the car 200 miles back to Zuffenhaus near Birmingham and I await the diagnosis............wish me luck!

I have seen a few cars broken by northern England, but that was the company I kept.

Good luck with it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say that since the water pump has been changed the engine is a lot quieter. No pullies needed replacement so it must have been on the way out for some time. 

So quiet on the motorway now. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, brillomaster said:

glad to hear zuffenhaus fixed you up and got you back on the road - decent bunch of chaps, very knowledgable about all things porsche.

They have done work on my Macan and 987 and I have been really impressed with them. I would recommend them to anyone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was fortunate during my last drive belt change the water pump pulley wheel was found to be loose so had it changed then. Horrid thought this could have packed on a journey 

• Like 1