N rated Tyres

P27GLN

I fitted Goodyears to my 19s and am delighted with them. Especially for £630 all in. They happen to be N rated, but frankly, I couldn't give a t*ss about that on a 2005 car, and doubt many people with any common sense would. When it needs them again, it'll be the same brand, N rated or not, it's a different car after the Michelins I replaced.

11 hours ago, temporarychicken said:

BMW used to have a little star on their OEM rated tyres.

Does this mean that they are tested in outer space?

Nope, they just give stellar performance. 

I'll get my coat.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, moneypit said:

I fitted Goodyears to my 19s and am delighted with them. Especially for £630 all in. They happen to be N rated, but frankly, I couldn't give a t*ss about that on a 2005 car, and doubt many people with any common sense would. When it needs them again, it'll be the same brand, N rated or not, it's a different car after the Michelins I replaced.

I think user experience is key so will keep Goodyears in mind, Thanks!

9 hours ago, P27GLN said:

I think user experience is key so will keep Goodyears in mind, Thanks!

I'll probably be in the minority for advocating Goodyears over Michelins, but after many good experiences with them on various cars I've owned ( Impreza, and my current Lexus and Evo 8 ) I thought they were worth a go on the Boxster. I like them because they don't go "off" like Michelins do and my cars stand for long periods on occasion, so it makes a lot of difference to how often I need to replace them. They're superb in the wet, they overcome flat spots after being parked, and I really lean on them in the dry in a way I was never comfortable doing in the past on other brands with the Boxster.

Just one mans opinion though, there'll be others who disagree.

Just put Asymm 5 GY on the rear of my 986.  Big gain in grip vs the 4 year old worn Dunlops Sport Maxx RT2s that came off, but then new rubber is always much better. Traction is where I see it most, occasionally over the last year the Dunlops would just give a bit of rear breakaway, I have tried provoking this more severely with the GYs and it still just sticks.

I didn't even consider N tyres as the sizes they are available for 986 fitment are all now very old design tyres.  Are you still running Windows 98??