Renewal cost circa four times higher than last year!

On 1/11/2024 at 3:00 PM, Carmand said:

Spent a few days obtains quotes for my renewal in February; 2 options for me either a mainstream insurer at market value and no guarantee of OEM parts or choice of repairer or a “enthusiast” policy which allows for an agreed value, choice of repairer and OEM parts (including the screen).

Interestingly for both options Aviva were often the underlying policy provider - and despite what I’ve seen written elsewhere on the internet by the doom and gloom merchants they are perfectly happy with PPF.

The best combination of price and benefits for came through the PCGB scheme that Lockton Performance run.  A number of additional benefits such as legal, breakdown, driving other cars, other drivers over 35 included and a not dissimilar price to mainstream policies.  I’ve had a couple of years without an agreed value policy and I’m paying the same now as I was previously.  They even throw in a free PCGB membership which I think is £60+.  And you can self certify the agreed value - I guess they undertake some checks on this.

So for anyone with a more modern or expensive car based on my experience Lockton (who I’ve found expensive before) are at least worth a look.  If it’s your only car though you need to be aware it’s a non NCB generating policy.

Did you know the following limitation with 

Worldwide damage cover

This cover does not apply:
• in transit by rail, sea or land (not under the insured vehicle’s
own power);
• in transit by air to or from any of the countries listed in the
territorial limits.

Apparently, this means that for the journey from the UK to Europe (and return), via a ferry or the Eurotunnel you are not covered for damage

1 hour ago, greenman986s said:

Just had my multi car renewal through (for 3 in the house). Initial quote was 55% up but got c10% off the quotes so now only an increase of 50% daily (still cheaper than other other company) / 33% Boxster and 25% SWBO increase...Not happy, but daily was exceptionally cheap last year...

I tried a few others - who knew that both Diamond and Elephant are sub brands of Admiral..and take you so far through the quote than tell you are an existing customer and need to log in...via a link that doens't work (404 error)

Had the renewal through for last years more standard policy from Aviva - only a pound or two up from what was a good price last year.  I think you have to go direct to them but the website is very slick.  Our 2 ‘normal’ cars were both up by almost exactly the same 45% last September - go figure, it’s all smoke and mirrors to me.

• 2 weeks later...

My 987 Boxster S ins renewal was £6 cheaper than last year's premium. £190.

Just had the renewal through on our 21 plate kia sportage. Up to £1,200, from £420 last year.

No change to personal info/drivers on either car. 2 weeks between each renewal. 

• 3 months later...

Just had an email from our current insurer (MOJA) to say that they can't renew the policy in June.

The meerkats are coming out at £335 for a full singing policy which i didn't think was too bad

My Classicline policy, which includes UK track cover, came in around £50 up on last year, just over £600.

Not planning any track days over next 12 months, so went with Aviva, £300. Fully comp cover in Europe too, which is rare.

Dreading my renewal this year.. Comparison sights are coming in at £1500 more than last year which I can only assume is some kind of cruel prank. Hoping Admiral hurry up with their renewal price and have something more reasonable.. 

Hastings were buggering around and tried to put the cost up by £100 so binned them off and taken outa new policy with Saga - finally found a benefit of being 50 :(

On 5/14/2024 at 8:32 PM, Mattman42 said:

Hastings were buggering around and tried to put the cost up by £100 so binned them off and taken outa new policy with Saga - finally found a benefit of being 50 :(

You looked 50 six years ago ! 😉

• Haha 1