Wireless Apple CarPlay

daviddurham

I have tried the CarLinkit off Ebay and it didn't work in either my Macan or Boxster.

Others have had mixed results.

I bought the NMAUTOMOTIVE kit and it works flawlessly as others have reported, even for Android Auto and they have a good backup for advice rather than having to contact China. A bit more expensive but worth it.

Edited by JurassicBGTS
  • Like 2

Well I took a gamble on that Sixriver dongle  from Amazon as with another £10 off it was £49 so worth a punt. Obviously not got the BGTS to try it with but have used it all evening in my Mercedes.  Works a treat - easy to pair and just auto connects as soon as turn the ignition on.  

• Thanks 1

I have one if someone has an Apple wired carplay and wants a wireless one. I use it in my 992 but have ordered Digi Dash for my 718 today, so if anyone wants it, let me know

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Carplay-Converts-Bluetooth-Auto-Connect-iPhone-Adapter/dp/B0BDRNQXSQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_10_sspa?crid=28TXGQOXJXB8C&keywords=carplay+wireless+adapter&qid=1688761779&sprefix=carplay+%2Caps%2C84&sr=8-10-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfbXRm&psc=1

Edited by Stark9

10 hours ago, Stark9 said:

Would have taken you up on that offer if I had not already made a purchase.  
Might be an idea having one for both cars so not constantly swapping it over though !

My 992 (MY 21) was wireless wonder if it was upgraded. 

36 minutes ago, bandit_287 said:

I can’t seem to get my CarPlay to work, I’m connecting it with a cable but the PCM doesn’t seem to recognise the iPhone 11. What am I doing wrong?

CarPlay is an option (it’s built into the PCCM but officially requires a paid for software activation to liven it up if it wasn’t live from factory).

What USB connection do you have , one in the glove box or  in the armrest ? 

Is CarPlay listed on your cars build spec ?

If you think CarPlay should be present already then I’d try another decent cable.

Edited by iborguk

I’ve one in the glovebox and one under the arm rest, I plug the phone into the arm rest. Yeh it’s apparently got mirror link CarPlay NLB but apparently it doesn’t connect via Bluetooth, only cable. 

Edited by bandit_287