Apple car play trouble shooting.

bandit_287

3 minutes ago, bandit_287 said:

I couldn’t get my CarPlay to connect, mine connects via usb not Bluetooth but I’ve found this useful link that has now enabled it to work. Hopefully it’ll be of use to anybody else having connection issues. 

https://www.wheelsjoint.com/porsche-718-apple-carplay-not-working-causes-and-how-to-fix-it/

What was the fix in your case ?

• 2 months later...

Rather than keep swapping my Carlinkit between cars, I am considering just buying a 2nd hand iPhone se 2nd gen for around £50 off Fleabay.

Never having used Apple products before, presume I just have to set up an account, download Car Play, Waze, TomTom Amigo, Google Maps etc., stick a data sim card in and leave the phone in the car connected through the USB with a lightning cable?

3 hours ago, JurassicBGTS said:

Rather than keep swapping my Carlinkit between cars, I am considering just buying a 2nd hand iPhone se 2nd gen for around £50 off Fleabay.

Never having used Apple products before, presume I just have to set up an account, download Car Play, Waze, TomTom Amigo, Google Maps etc., stick a data sim card in and leave the phone in the car connected through the USB with a lightning cable?

I've considered this, but wondered if the iPhone would run off a hotspot from my Android phone for the apps.

Also which kit have you got now, I see the newer Carlinkit5 is only about £50 on fleabay now

I have the NM Automotive one as the Fleabay one didn't work. This one is fine, just a bit fed up switching between cars, and mostly end up forgetting.

Only issue is sometimes it's difficult switching which phone/dongle/PCM is being used for phone calls.

I would just stick a Three 24GB data SIM in the iPhone SE and run it just for maps and speed cams through the data card.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 11:27 AM, Tony Daniel said:

I've considered this, but wondered if the iPhone would run off a hotspot from my Android phone for the apps.

Also which kit have you got now, I see the newer Carlinkit5 is only about £50 on fleabay now

As I really needed a new phone and seems IPhone will still allow me to link all my Google apps, I have decided to finally buy an iPhone, so no need for the NMAUTOMOTIVE wireles AA kit.

I paid £95 for it. If anyone wants it £50 plus postage. This works perfectly unlike the Fleabay one I had and has great tech support from NMAUTOMOTIVE.

• Like 1