REAR BOOT LIGHT AND SOFT TOP NOT WORKING - RELATED?

capeboy

My rear boot light isn't working, despite replacing the bulb. Can't see any fuse for it either.

Also noticed the soft top (intermittently) doesn't open (windows don't drop on release)...are these issues linked??? Any ideas what's causing them?

Recommendations for changing all the interior bulbs to LED...link to supplier?

TIA

I bought my LED bulb set from @Laney456 , which came with very clear instructions and all worked well. Try PM him.

A cluster of electronic issues is normally related to water ingress damaging one of the units under the carpet, under the seats. Try having a feel of the carpet and see if any part of it is wet, as blocked drains can cause this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 8:46 AM, capeboy said:

My rear boot light isn't working, despite replacing the bulb. Can't see any fuse for it either.

Also noticed the soft top (intermittently) doesn't open (windows don't drop on release)...are these issues linked??? Any ideas what's causing them?

Recommendations for changing all the interior bulbs to LED...link to supplier?

TIA

My rear boot light does not come on, it’s not the bulb cause it actually works if switched on from a diagnostics check, so must be something to do with my boot catch or a trigger switch failing.

I think the issue I have in this regard is different to yours

as above they are driven off the same control unit ( rear control unit ) under the passenger seat. 

Boot light *might* be the microswitch in the latch mechanism - cant remember if that's a seperate switch or part of the whole latch.

Windows *might* be the switches in the roof latch

But.... both together is a bit suspicious, would also suggest checking rear lights and brake lights are working as expected.

• Like 2