Parking sensor speaker location

moonshine

I can’t help feel the my parking sensors are not quite right - just started this afternoon - they are working front and back ok, but the beeping sound seems slightly quiet / muted/ muffled and and the constant tone when close to something  is ‘fluffy’ in sound as opposed to being crisp before . Ny suggestions? 

Is there a spend above the cluster in the dash?

its not water ingress (despite the torrential rain this weekend in Scotland) - the car was. Under a half cover and i cleared the drains a month or so ago - and hte carpets and floor pan are dry

24 minutes ago, daz05 said:

And you haven't just adjusted the setting to quiet ?

The speaker I think but not certain is located near the instrument cluster but not certain.

Definitely not set to quiet. :)

It was on Medium when I noticed the issue, and I've turned up to loud and it still isn't right 

2 minutes ago, Richard Hamilton said:

As far as I know it is in the instrument cluster.  There is a loudspeaker test you can do with Piwis.  I expect it uses the same speaker for the tick-tick of the indicators, and the warning sounds.

Thanks , Google seemed split on where it was but like you said seems to be instrument cluster.

• Thanks 1

Thanks

. I can’t work out if it sounds ok, or not, so I need to sit in another porsche and hear what it sounds like -

there definitely seems to be sound coming from the grille above the cluster, and a look at hte parts catalogue does not show any separate speaker in this area - so it makes sense a speaker it is built into the cluster.