Macan Battery

Tony Daniel

I noticed the stop start hardly kicks in whilst driving the Macan and recently we have only being doing short journeys in the car and its charging at over 15v all the time. Thought it best to plug it into a CTEK last night.

First problem no cigarette lighter sockets just USB's, second problem were is the battery😄. Looked in the boot and then under the hood and spotted a little flap by the washer bottle for the positive connection and a earth post just near it. Hopefully it will revive the battery again.

macan_terminals_864480daa1fe420ff37a228e

25 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

First problem no cigarette lighter sockets just USB's

Never thought about that. USBs are limited to about 2.5A aren't they? Is that enough for all the things which usually plug into them?

RTFM? Remember in the 987 it tells you to put the tyre inflator into one of the sockets but not the other, one is protected by a much larger fuse for some reason. See if the manual gives you any indication of its max rating / limitations on use. Those are big tyres to inflate...

29 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

I noticed the stop start hardly kicks in whilst driving the Macan and recently we have only being doing short journeys in the car and its charging at over 15v all the time. Thought it best to plug it into a CTEK last night.

First problem no cigarette lighter sockets just USB's, second problem were is the battery😄. Looked in the boot and then under the hood and spotted a little flap by the washer bottle for the positive connection and an earth post just near it. Hopefully it will revive the battery again.

macan_terminals_864480daa1fe420ff37a228e

Most Macan owners have the optimate leads permanently connected at those points.

its where I connect mine when I lay it up for long periods 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

USBs are limited to about 2.5A aren't they?

34 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

A quick google and USB3 is 0.9A 5V and 4.5W, USB2 is 0.5A 5V and 2.5W. 

Amps, Watts.... Wattever...

8 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Most Macan owners have the optimate leads permanently connected at those points.

its where I connect mine when I lay it up for long periods 

Yes I have them permanently connected on the 981 and might look at getting another for the Macan

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

Yes I have them permanently connected on the 981 and might look at getting another for the Macan

Mine are permanently connected there, so easy just to run the CTEK extension lead out through the closed bonnet. The Macan has been the least used of all my cars this year and is always on CTEK.

• Like 1