Steering wheel dilemma

mr.tourette23

On 3/29/2024 at 2:34 PM, Robin_GTS said:

This is making me more tempted to pull the buy button now!!!

I could live without multi function so for me it's a nice to have. I generally never scroll away from the simple volts, temp, range etc. Is there a way to scroll without using the steering wheel?

Just to provide a bit of balance here this is the pinnacle of 996 era steering wheels. I've just given mine it's spring clean. I know we all want buttons now but I'd consider a simpler wheel in my 981 if it was smaller in diameter and with a thinner rim. But then I'd miss the heating option which for me is the party piece for 9 or 10 months of the year here.

20240329-102114.jpg

• Like 1

Also 

Fun fact

In the 9x6 the steering wheel is off centre, I'm assuming the same in the later cars

I tried adding an off centre spacer to my momo but didn't really notice any difference except more legroom - when in straight direction obviously - but it also added 10mm to the reach for indicator stalk which was too annoying so pulled it off

If I did this again I'd probably squash the momo boss kit down with a press in order to reduce the reach to compensate