Battery dead, Bonnet won't open, jump leads in bonnet etc...ugh.

kdh

I know there are a million posts on the internet about this, but I prefer to ask on here, many thanks in advance for any help.

986 Facelift 3.2 S

Two days ago I replaced the battery just in case it failed what with winter around the corner.

I've just been out to start the car and it's totally dead - no dashboard lights, no lights, nothing.

My jump leads and locking wheel nut are in the bonnet and I can't open the bonnet.

I've got a spare battery (my old one) in the garage and a battery charger which would reach to the car.

I've looked for the cable behind the front wheel but can't find it

Is the best thing to try and jump it from the fuse box or buy a cigarette lighter adaptor and charge it through that?

Thanks for any help. Grrr. Brrrrrrr. etc.

Edited by kdh

Yes I left the car unlocked, as I don't trust the key fob and alarm system.

I'm surprised the brand new battery has drained in two days. No lights were left on, radio, alarm etc.

Do you know if the alarm will always go off when i connect the battery charger to the fuse box?

And is there any way of finding out why it died? Scared to take it out now!

Edited by kdh

20 hours ago, iborguk said:

If using a booster pack ensure it's one with a manual override button otherwise the process wont engage.

Invaluable advice, thanks again.

I've just bought the booster pack and now the bonnet is OPEN. A brilliant bit of kit actually:

NOCO GB40 Boost from Tanya Batteries. Ordered last night and arrived at 10 this morning and cheaper than anywhere else inc shipping. Fantastic service.

15 minutes ago, kdh said:

Invaluable advice, thanks again.

I've just bought the booster pack and now the bonnet is OPEN. A brilliant bit of kit actually:

NOCO GB40 Boost from Tanya Batteries. Ordered last night and arrived at 10 this morning and cheaper than anywhere else inc shipping. Fantastic service.

Glad you got sorted.

Yes I have one of those , great bit of kit and already been used to help sort out a neighbour’s car since the turn in the weather.