Affordable PDK Distance Sensor

iborguk

5 hours ago, Nobbie said:

That takes me back to my electronics A level, 555 timers, PWM, jumpers for goalposts. Always impressed when people get stuck in like this.

555 timer - wow that instantly brought back some memories, it was a cute little chip as well.  I used it in an electronic chicken college project.

Aaah... and many a happy day spent with a BC108 which seemed to be the default choice for a lot of projects.

35 minutes ago, moospeed said:

555 timer - wow that instantly brought back some memories, it was a cute little chip as well.  I used it in an electronic chicken college project.

Aaah... and many a happy day spent with a BC108 which seemed to be the default choice for a lot of projects.

It’s all coming back to me now, using the BC108 as a driver for a led as you couldn’t drive one direct from most logic chips. It was a real disappointment to find there was none of that fun in degree level electronics, just lots of indecipherable maths🙁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moospeed said:

Ok now you need to share more about the 🐔 

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2024 at 5:03 PM, iborguk said:

Ok now you need to share more about the 🐔 

If you’re imagining a chicken like robot as you’d see from an Aardman animation you’d be very disappointed.  Took some imagination to turn a click to a cluck. 

On 1/4/2024 at 4:30 PM, Nobbie said:

It’s all coming back to me now, using the BC108 as a driver for a led as you couldn’t drive one direct from most logic chips. It was a real disappointment to find there was none of that fun in degree level electronics, just lots of indecipherable maths🙁

I knew that life would never be the same again after witnessing a blue LED for the first time.  Mind blown. Whatever next…

• Like 4

This is a really useful project, as a failed position sensor has to be one of the main worries when buying/owning a PDK.

I'm guessing that the chicken project will be for an automatically opening/anti fox coop door?