Boxster 718 GPF - a ticking timebomb?

AndrewGP

After selling my 987.2 recently, I've been to see an OPC Approved Used Boxster 718 today, lovely car, good spec and in great condition so I've placed a deposit on it. It's an 2.0 base, early 2019 car that's done 24k miles and has a GPF fitted. Everything checked out but crucially, in the car's service history it mentioned 'GPF Blocked, repaired'. Mileage at the time was ~16k miles.

I didn't question it much at the time as the car was exemplary, but curiosity got the better of me now I'm home and it seems there's a few horror stories on the internet about these blocking up and then not being covered by the Porsche Warranty, throwing new owners a £6-7k bill. Including here on BoXa.net....

These GPF equipped cars have now been on sale for 5 years as the change over to GPFs happened in early 2019. I can't find a great deal about it but research indicates it could be due to the solely off boost usage (which wouldn't affect me) or the wrong oil but this is anecdotal at best and it's happened to OPC serviced cars where you would expect the correct oil has been used.

Has there been any updates since the above thread and do you think this something to be concerned about buying a used 718?

Many thanks.

VW not Porsche but they are known for voiding warranty and black listing cars for service / spares if the ecu checksum isn’t “spec” at some stage (hairy golf especially) 

”sorry, that VIN number doesn’t register on our system.” = “mothership says don’t touch it with someone else’s barge pole”