Carlinkit 5.0

718as

4 minutes ago, 718as said:

Hi,

Anyone got this.

I have Apple car play in the 718 wired via the USB port and wanted to connect my Samsung s22 ultra android phone wireless.

Will this do the trick?

Thanks

As far as I know ( happy to be schooled ) Porsche don't enable Android Auto on the PCM - I understand there are "diy" approaches to turning it on - but out of the box I don't think it's available. If you currently can't do Android Auto wired then I doubt this will make it available wirelessly.

Not what you asked and personal take but I don't get the wireless thing, just draining my phone in my pocket, whereas on the wire it's charging.

Anyway horses for courses , your car and your rules 👍

9 minutes ago, 718as said:

Hi,

Anyone got this.

I have Apple car play in the 718 wired via the USB port and wanted to connect my Samsung s22 ultra android phone wireless.

Will this do the trick?

Thanks

Yes,

I have two. 

A Carlinkit from E**y that didn't work, I then bought the NMAUTOMOTIVE Carlinkit and it worked seamlessly in both my Macan and my 718 with my Samsung Android phone.

You plug it into the USB in the arm rest and it connects immediately. You can also plug your phone into it to keep it charged.

Only reason I don't use it is I "upgraded" my Android phone to a new I Phone.

The NMAUTOMOTIVE version is around £90 and has super support by them.

You can have mine for £45 which is cheaper than an E**y Chinese version if you like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JurassicBGTS said:

Yes,

I have two. 

A Carlinkit from E**y that didn't work, I then bought the NMAUTOMOTIVE Carlinkit and it worked seamlessly in both my Macan and my 718 with my Samsung Android phone.

You plug it into the USB in the arm rest and it connects immediately. You can also plug your phone into it to keep it charged.

You can have mine for £45 which is cheaper than an E**y Chinese version if you like.

Sounds a good solution.

1 hour ago, JurassicBGTS said:

Yes,

I have two. 

Ok thanks

22 hours ago, 718as said:

Can you share a pic of the nm adapter pls. Also can u just connect your android phone directly to it via wire rather than Bluetooth.  Thanks

Sorry @718as but as soon as I posted about my NMAUTOMOTIVE a member bagged it.

They are really good and will do everything you want with an Android phone.

• 2 weeks later...