Front Coffin Arms

Justchris

On 3/11/2024 at 5:42 PM, Justchris said:

Taken another look at the exploded parts diagram, and looking at the bolt length at the fork to arm connection it seems I may have the correct fork for the front, and given that the arm OEN number for the arms I've received start with 996 I assume, given the statement above that they are for the rear.

So I guess the task now is to go through autodoc looking for an arm with a 9x7 OEN number and order a pair for the front🤞🏻

I'll cross the bridge of no results for the rear forks once I've sorted the fronts 🫣

Get the Porsche part catalogue for your car from here:

Porsche Classic Genuine Parts Catalogue - Porsche Great Britain

Then put the Porsche number into Autodoc.

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Get the Porsche part catalogue for your car from here:

Porsche Classic Genuine Parts Catalogue - Porsche Great Britain

Then put the Porsche number into Autodoc.

Yep, that's where I'm getting the original part numbers from

Front Coffin arms (Wishbone) 991 341 053 01, all options out of stock, and then gives Similar Part numbers (not Alternative) hence my request as all Similar parts are listed as compatible with either 987 or 986 and that they are not for the 981

Front Tuning Fork (Control Arm) 991 341 043 01, only the Meyle option in stock which I've ordered

Rear Coffin arms (Wishbone) 981 331 053 00, all options out of stock, and then gives Similar Part numbers (not Alternative) hence my request as all Similar parts are listed as compatible with either 987 or 986 and that they are not for the 981

Rear Tuning Fork (Control Arm) 981 331 043 03, no results at all

I think I have it all sorted now, just waiting for the front Coffin arms to arrive then I'll have a definitive list of OEN Numbers for both front arms, and for the rear Coffin arms, this should hopefully make it easier to decipher for anyone coming along in the future.

I'm still unable to find out an equivalent part number for the rear control arms, and can only find them using the original number on Design 911 @ £298.18 +Vat Each. I'm really hoping that's not where my clunk is coming from 😞

16 hours ago, Justchris said:

Yep, that's where I'm getting the original part numbers from

Front Coffin arms (Wishbone) 991 341 053 01, all options out of stock, and then gives Similar Part numbers (not Alternative) hence my request as all Similar parts are listed as compatible with either 987 or 986 and that they are not for the 981

Front Tuning Fork (Control Arm) 991 341 043 01, only the Meyle option in stock which I've ordered

Rear Coffin arms (Wishbone) 981 331 053 00, all options out of stock, and then gives Similar Part numbers (not Alternative) hence my request as all Similar parts are listed as compatible with either 987 or 986 and that they are not for the 981

Rear Tuning Fork (Control Arm) 981 331 043 03, no results at all

I think I have it all sorted now, just waiting for the front Coffin arms to arrive then I'll have a definitive list of OEN Numbers for both front arms, and for the rear Coffin arms, this should hopefully make it easier to decipher for anyone coming along in the future.

I'm still unable to find out an equivalent part number for the rear control arms, and can only find them using the original number on Design 911 @ £298.18 +Vat Each. I'm really hoping that's not where my clunk is coming from 😞

Good to see you are there already, many looking for parts aren't.

Hate to say, but clunks or clicks are usually the tuning forks...  That D911 price will be about that figure but including VAT from an OPC if they give you 10% off which most will if you ask or are a PCGB member.

As a note, from a little research 981 331 053 00 has up issued to 981 331 053 02

Edited by ½cwt
  • Sad 1