NSF strut

Frank Toner

Hi ladies and gentlemen this is my first  use of the forum 

I am looking for a NSF strut for my Porsche 987 I have tried the local spurious parts suppliers and they can’t supply it.

is there an other supplier I can use instead of going to Porsche 

Frank

Struts would normally be replaced in pairs.  Porsche will want LOTS of money, but look for Bilstein B4 as the equivalent (Bilstein supply the original shocks to Porsche) assuming you do not have PASM.  You don't say which type of 987, (gen 1 or Gen 2) or which engine so I can't give you a specific part number, but they are the same left or right and I have found this listing Front Bilstein B4 - Gas Shock Absorber - 22-147578 - Bilstein-Shocks.co.uk which seems to cover all the non PASM models.  

The 'fun' with these can be getting them out for the car as there are several of places where steel and aluminium come into contact and can have electrolytic corrosion making is hard to get the bolts out or even the damper tube out of the hub casting.  You may well have to replace the roll bar drop links at the least and maybe the bottom arm(coffin arm) and its mounting bolt.

Bilsteins are on back order so it probably is those, OPC arent too bad at £270+ if they have them, we can do aftermarket are £300 for the pair

Out of interest, what make are the aftermarket?