Cruise control fault

McDonald

When I push the cruise control button, the green light appears on the dash. But when I try to set the speed by pushing the stalk, it doesn't work - nothing happens. It was working perfectly until recently. Any clues to what might be the problem?

Possibly the brake light or clutch switch. Even if the brake lights are working, it could still be the switch. If you have access to a Porsche-specific tester, you can view the state of the switch contacts - open or closed. 

• Like 1

Faulty brake light switch can prevent the car from engaging cruise - not sure the exact symptoma but end result is "no cruise"

Edited by Paul P
  • Like 1

Mine was the brake light switch when I had the same problem. I would recommend going to an OPC as I managed to order the wrong switch twice (both worked the brake lights, but none worked the cruise control). 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the information, all very helpful & it sounds less expensive than I had thought. Cruise control is great for Motorway runs.

22 minutes ago, McDonald said:

Thanks for the information, all very helpful & it sounds less expensive than I had thought. Cruise control is great for Motorway runs.

As Richard says a good diag tool would confirm but if you have to try a parts swap then brake light switch is a good (lower cost) start. 

• Thanks 1