Air filter question re service interval.

andygo

My GTS is going in to my local OPC for its 8 year service shortly. (Only £940 inc VAT) On the quotation they gave me, it has a line saying "1 x Air Filter Air Suction".

What is that? I'd assumed it was for air filters, but not sure it's due for them at the mo.

I did ask what "Window Cleaner Outer" was. Apparently its screenwash. :) I'm also getting , and I think being charged for, an oil top up bag. As my car doesn't ever need topping up between oil changes thats a waste of money in my eyes.

Why do I alwys feel like i have to go to casualty after dealing with Porsche to have the stitches removed from my backside?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CMA said:

Could be the cabin pre-filter, the one you see if you remove the cover in the frunk

I have an entry that says "1 x Odour and Allergen Filter".  All very cryptic.

A quote for a the same 8 year service from RPM Technik has Pollen Filter @ £65, 981 pollen filter @ £16.93 and 2 x air filter @ 68.40. RPM also quote for 8.5L of oil, Porsche quote 7.5L.

Very confusing, both quotes.

There are 2 cabin filters, one under the frunk cover and one in the cabin under the glove box, the one under the glove box one is normally considered to be the pollen filter and can be odour/anti allergen/anti-bac filters. The one in the frunk is small and just stops crud getting into the fan I think.

5 minutes ago, andygo said:

2 x air filter @ 68.40

^ That's the engine air filters

As for the oil, perhaps RPM factor in a top up bag whereas OPC list that separately? Or they just always spill a little 😛 

Official schedule for engine air filters is 6 years which will be why the OPC haven’t included them.  Does seem excessively long - I think they’ve tried to avoid the 4 year cycle bill being even bigger than it already is.

1 hour ago, Carmand said:

Official schedule for engine air filters is 6 years which will be why the OPC haven’t included them.  Does seem excessively long - I think they’ve tried to avoid the 4 year cycle bill being even bigger than it already is.

I did have a peek at the air filters yesterday. They were very dirty, looked more than 11000 miles and 2 years old. They must have been done though as one of the two pull rings you squeeze together  to remove the filter and housing was broken off...

5 hours ago, andygo said:

I did have a peek at the air filters yesterday. They were very dirty, looked more than 11000 miles and 2 years old. They must have been done though as one of the two pull rings you squeeze together  to remove the filter and housing was broken off...

Should have changed them while you were in there, save having you pants pulled down on them later 😊

I resent going to the OPC anyway, but in order to renew the warranty in July, the OPC service recired has to be up to date.

I changed mine earlier this year, they looked horrendous like the inside of a dyson vacuum cleaner before you empty it!  No idea why Porsche say they should last 60,000 miles, on every other car they get changed at the yearly service! I'm going to check mine every year now.